The book focuses on a few key areas that are critical to growing your software career:
- A new framework for thinking about software development & the value chain
- Habits and routines that you can practice to take you to the next level, technically and as a team leader
- Ideas for how you can frame your contributions and sell yourself to your managers, executives, teammates, and new opportunities
- A philosophy of software development that will take you even farther in your career
What’s new in v2
The updated version includes 6 new chapters on topics like:
- Productivity tips (and also why productivity is overrated)
- Negotiation scripts & step-by-step guides to asking for a promotion
- Choosing a career path between individual contributor & manager
- What’s average for a software career & how to be above average
Here’s what I heard from developers who bought the first version of the book…
“Just bought the book. Amazing what you are doing. You have given me a lot of inspiration to keep going and build an amazing career in tech.”
— Luis G.
“You’re doing a great job here. Since I found you, it’s like I found the shortest path to becoming the developer I dream of.”
— Alex I.
“Succinct advice on becoming a senior engineer, irrespective of one’s programming language of choice. Thank you for putting this together. It’s worth rereading.”
— Ridwan Y.